COVID-19 Global Port Restrictions
Pipavav / Bhavnagar / Muldwarka – Vaccination Facility not available.
Cochin – Due to shortage of Covid Vaccine in state, crew vaccination on board vessel is not possible at present.
Haldia – There is no such facility at Port or Government department for crew vaccination at Haldia Port.
However, vaccination was carried out for two recent vessels at Haldia with the assistance of private Hospital at Kolkata. However, the same also stopped at present due to recent vaccination issue at Kolkata. Now State Government is not allowing any private vaccination in this State.
Understand the following procedure was being followed while carrying out crew vaccination at Haldia:
- Need to permission from PHO.
- Need to permission from port officials for port entry and pass, which requires several departmental permissions.
- Permission from any other Authority required at that time.
- Conveyance for Team (to& Fro) as well as food for 5 staff
- Permission from local PS
Mangalore – Possible subject to PHO Permission and availability of Vaccine locally, consent of Private hospital for vaccination drive.
List of documents required to approach PHO for Vaccination permission
- Owners request letter.
- Agent request letter for permission.(PHO/DHO/Port/Immigration)
- ID card of doctors who is boarding the vessel.
Understand DG Shipping, India have issued SOPs for repatriation of foreign national crew from Indian Port. We are checking with various port for implementation/possibilities and ground reality for foreign national crew sign off at Indian port, but till now local authorities have not received any information from their seniors.
Disclaimer: As local conditions and regulations can change by the hour, before making any firm plans please contact Enquiries@waterfront-ms.com to give you the latest updates for individual countries.