COVID-19 Global Port Restrictions
CURRENT SITUATION ANALYSIS:
Callao terminal APMT:
- Berthing waiting time September 05st – 13th for general cargo vessels up to 7 days in average, grain vessels 7 days in average. Ro-ro vessels 2 days in average. We foresee an increment in general cargo vessels for the next weeks, expect an increase in berth waiting time.
- Opening of APMT Callao: Port is open since 14/15:00hrs LT, we are expecting to get sequence of vessels entries shortly. Berthing APMT of today 15.09.21 attached.
COVID 19: Vaccination progress continues to advance, people 25 years of age and older can now be vaccinated. This measure is aimed at combating a possible 3rd wave by mid-September, caused by Variant Delta.
- Talara(PETROPERU): Talara Terminals still closed, the next evaluation is keep for today 15.09.2021 at 1015LT outcome should be available at about 1115LT.
- Bayovar(PETROPERU): Temporary closure of the Port of Paita and Port of Bayovar due to abnormal swell. Vessels may dock at piers / buoys until port opening.
- Salaverry(TDP): 11/09/2021 – 08:00 HRS. TOTAL PORT CLOSURE – LEVEL V
- Chimbote(TDP, COLPEX): Total closure (level 5) of the port of Chimbote since yesterday 11:30 a.m.
- Supe(TDP, Paramonga, Quimpac): Closed due to heavy swell conditions.
- Callao (CONCHAN): South zone closed due to rough seas since 11/19:00 hrs.
- Callao (PAMPILLA): Closed due to heavy swell.
- Pisco(CAMISEA, TDP): Closed due to heavy swell.
- Mollendo(PETROPERU,MONTE AZUL): MOLLENDO PORT closed since September 11th from 15:00 LT due to heavy swell.
- Ilo(PETROPERU, Tablones, TLT): Keep closed due to heavy swell.
Cargo Pier Terminals:
- Paita(TPE): Opening of Pier 2 of the Euroandino Port Terminal of the Port of Paita for port activities, from 15:45 hours on September 14th
- Pisco (TPP): Normal operations.
- Bayovar(Vale, JPQ): Temporary closure due to abnormal swell. Vessels may dock at piers / buoys until port opening.
- Salaverry(STI): 11/09/2021 – 08:00 HRS. TOTAL PORT CLOSURE – LEVEL V
- Chimbote (SIDER/TPCH): Total closure (level 5) of the port of Chimbote since yesterday 11:30 a.m.
- Callao DPW: Port is open since 14/15:00hrs LT, we are expecting to get sequence of vessels entries shortly.
- Callao APMT: Port is open since 14/15:00hrs LT.
- Matarani (TISUR): Keep closed due to heavy swell.
- Ilo (ENERSUR/SPCC/ENAPU): Keep closed due to heavy swell.
- San Juan de Marcona: Closed due to heavy swell.
- San Nicolas (Terminal of Shougan Hierro): Closed due to heavy swell.
- Chancay (Blue Pacific Oil Tank): Closed due to heavy swell conditions.
- Callao (UNACEM): Closed due to heavy swell.
The sea state along our coastline will present the following maritime forecast:
- North Coast: persistence of moderate swell from the southwest, decreasing to light in the early morning of Friday, September 17.
- Central Coast: area from 08 to 11° South (localities between Salaverry and Huacho) persistence of moderate southwest swell, decreasing to light in the early morning of Friday September 17, the area from 11 to 15° South (localities between Huacho and San Juan) persistence of strong southwest swell, decreasing to moderate from the morning of Wednesday 15 and decreasing to light in the morning of Friday September 17.
- South Coast: persistence of strong southwest swells, decreasing to moderate as of Wednesday morning, September 15, and decreasing to light on Friday morning, September 17.
The predicted sea state horizon foresees the reestablishment of normal conditions on the northern coast from the morning of Saturday, September 18, while on the central and southern coast in the afternoon of the same day.
*All vessels must anchor first to be inspected by sanitary authorities and receive free platique.
** Until September 19, 2021, non-resident foreigners coming from the Republic of South Africa, or who have made a stopover there in the last (14) calendar days, will not be allowed to enter the national territory.
Disclaimer: As local conditions and regulations can change by the hour, before making any firm plans please contact Americas.Ops@waterfront-ms.com to give you the latest updates for individual countries.