COVID-19 Global Port Restrictions
As per the joint Ministerial decision issued by the Hellenic Republic, until 05.08.21 all passengers travelling on international flights to Greece are required to fill in and electronically submit the compulsory Passenger Locator Form (PLF) before entering the country. The Form can be found here: https://travel.gov.gr/#/
Travellers will receive a confirmation e-mail & a PLF unique Quick Response (QR) code upon submission of the PLF, which are compulsory travel documents that have to be presented during boarding. Depending on their QR code/confirmation visitors will be subject to rapid test upon arrival.
Airlines are required, prior to accepting passengers for boarding, to check the confirmation receipt of PLF submission & the response e-mail with a PLF QR code.
Additionally, until 05.08.21, all passengers regardless of nationality must meet one of the following conditions:
- Completed the vaccination for COVID-19 at least fourteen days (14) before the scheduled arrival and present a vaccination certificate in Greek, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian or Russian, issued by a public authority in accordance with the relevant legislation. The vaccination certificate must include the name of the person, the type of vaccine given, the number of doses & inoculation dates.
- Display a negative molecular test result for COVID-19 (PCR) performed within the last seventy-two (72) hours before the scheduled arrival or a negative Rapid Antigen test result performed up to 48 hours before the scheduled flight. The test result must be issued by a certified diagnostic center in Greek, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian or Russian and must include the name of the person as registered in the passport.
- Present proof of recovery from Covid-19, supported by test result (PCR or Rapid Antigen test). The certificate of recovery is issued thirty (30) days after the 1st positive diagnosis & is valid up to 180 days there on. The 1st positive diagnosis must originate either from a public authority in accordance with the relevant legislation or from reference laboratories of the country of origin or transit, public or private, provided that they have been certified by the competent national certification of the country. The certificate is issued either in Greek, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian or Russian & includes the name of the person as registered in the identity card or passport.
- Present their EU digital Covid certificate, issued according to EU requirements in digital or paper form. This should include information regarding vaccination, or the last result of Covid-19 test or proof of recovery from Covid-19 within the accepted time frame.
As of 30.06.21, permanent residents of the Russian Federation are allowed to enter in Greece under the condition that:
- They display a negative molecular test result for COVID-19 (PCR) performed within the last seventy-two (72) hours before the scheduled arrival, or a negative Rapid Antigen test result performed up to 48 hours before the scheduled flight, and
- They are diagnosed negative to a mandatory molecular test for COVID-19 (PCR) or a negative Rapid Antigen test performed upon arrival. Upon being tested, the passengers remain at the arrival gate awaiting the result of the test.
All passengers will be subject to random obligatory Covid-19 tests upon arrival. If found positive, a ten (10) day quarantine under supervision is required either at home or at a designated temporary residence assigned by the appropriate authorities. Passengers who have completed the vaccination for COVID-19 at least fourteen days (14) before the scheduled flight, if found positive, need to stay in quarantine under supervision for seven (7) days , either at home or at a designated temporary residence assigned by the appropriate authorities. All above passengers are required to undertake a Molecular test (PCR) for Covid-19 on the last day of their quarantine.
Most of ports are also requesting negative PCR or Rapid test for the off signers as well. Crew changes for vessels coming from Turkey are still banned.
Disclaimer: As local conditions and regulations can change by the hour, before making any firm plans please contact Dubai.Ops@waterfront-ms.com to give you the latest updates for individual countries.