COVID-19 GLOBAL PORT RESTRICTIONS
- On last 07 June 21, the Government released the new restrictions for control of COVID-19 pandemic situation which will valid until 08 July 21.
- The sanitarian fence for Luanda province remain in force. The access in/out of Luanda province is restricted to essential services or authorised by the Authorities. Quick Covid test is mandatory for going in or out of Luanda Province. International flights are authorised for Angolan citizen, foreigners with residence and with work visa. The PCR negative test is mandatory for all travellers made 72 hours prior the embark. Another quick Covid test will be done on arrival at Luanda International airport.
- 10 days home quarantine is mandatory for all passengers, except for Brazilian and Indian citizens that will have to make an institutional quarantine in a hospital area outside the city of Luanda.
- Public and private companies are, authorised to work with maximum workforce of 50%.
- Port terminals will continue to work on the 24/7 system, with 100% of the workforce.
- The working hours for public companies will be from 8 am to 3 pm, and for private companies from 8 am to 4 pm. Essential service companies will be able to work around the clock, as is the case with shipping agencies.
- The guidance of the Port Authorities remains so that the ships are visited by the Department of Health and later by the Immigration / Customs / Harbour Master, before her berth.
- It is allowed for commercial vessels in the international traffic. The on signers must have the PCR test done 72 hours prior embark to Angola, on arrival in Luanda a new quick test will be done, if the result is negative, the crew member can go straight to the vessel for embarkation without pass by the quarantine. The embarkation must be done latest 72 hours after arrival in Luanda. The Brazilian and Indian nationality aren’t allowed to enter in Angola, including also passengers of other nationality that have visited these countries in the last 10 days.
- For off signers, they will disembark, have to make the PCR test and stay in a hotel for 48-72 hours waiting for the result, if negative, they can proceed for embark back to home.
Disclaimer: As local conditions and regulations can change by the hour, before making any firm plans please contact Enquiries@waterfront-ms.com to give you the latest updates for individual countries.