Your local eyes and ears on the ground
WaterFront Maritime Services acts as your local representative to arrange for any port requirements through our network of local agency staff in over 90 countries. Our clients benefit from our real in-depth local expertise and relationships thereby Saving Time, Saving Money, and Reducing Risk.
Our local capabilities provide for all aspects of Cargo and Vessel Operations, Finance (PDA’s/FDA’s), Documentation, Communication, Reporting, Compliance, and Vendor Management. No matter the vessel type, we offer full port agency, protective and husbandry agency services in over 90 countries. We will manage and execute the operational pre-planning, during port stay and upon departure of the port call within the scope of the specific appointment instructions.
As Shipping agents, our services include without limitation, the following:
- Arrange berthing of vessel, loading and discharge of the cargo in accordance with local custom and conditions in the shortest possible time.
- Coordinate activities of the terminal operator, stevedores, and all other suppliers in the interest of providing a seamless operation and timely turnaround.
- Arrange bunkering, repairs, cash to master, crew changes, ship’s stores, spare parts clearance/delivery, technical and medical assistance.
- Carry out the client’s requirements concerning claims handling, P&I matters, attend all necessary documentation, attend consular requirements and/or insurance and appointing of Surveyors etc.
- Arrange for and attend the inward/outward clearance of the Vessel and arrange for all other services pertaining to the vessel movement while in port.
- Report vessel position and prepare statement of facts of the call.
- Keep client regularly and timely updated on port/terminal and working conditions likely to affect the turnaround of the Vessel.
- Arrange necessary payments of the port dues and other charges for vessel’s call from the funds provided by the client.
- Carefully vet all vouchers received for services rendered and to prepare a proper final disbursement account in respect of each voyage.
- Advise client of all amendments to port tariff and other charges as they become known.
- Arrange for stevedoring and other cargo handling operations if necessary and always subject to the client’s appointment instructions and agreed KPI’s.
- Arrange for delivery of cargo in accordance with the bills of lading issued by, or on behalf, of the client.
- Perform any/all other activities and duties which may be required by the client.